To Friday, 23 June 2017
Kościelisko near Zakopane, Poland
ul. St. Nędzy Kubińca 101
Welcome to Tatras!
As already announced the JURASSICA XIII conference will be held on June, 19–23rd, 2017 in Kościelisko near Zakopane, Poland, at the foothills of the Tatra Mts. It will include a separate session on the Jurassic/Cretaceous boundary topics, on June, 23rd, 2017.
The JURASSICA conference was taking place in numerous localities in Poland and Slovakia, in 2012. it was organized in the Western Ukraine. In 2017, for the first time the JURASSICA goes to the Tatra Mts. Tatra Mts is a unique place, where large facies differentiation of Jurassic sediments is observed in a relatively small area: from shallow marine, through carbonate platforms to basinal hemipelagic and pelagic sediments. Within last years, a significant progress has been realized in our understanding of stratigraphy and sedimentology of entire Jurassic System, as well as Jurassic/Cretaceous boundary interval in the Tatric, Fatric and Hronic units of the Tatra Mts. Detailed correlation and dating of sedimentary successions has been possible due to application of integrated stratigraphic methods: microbiostratigraphy, carbon isotope stratigraphy, chemo- and magnetic stratigraphy. We would like to present the Jurassic geology of Tatra Mts to the JURASSICA XIII participants with emphasis on sections and localities which are crucial for comparison to other Central Carpathian and Western Tethyan regions, and those where global and regional sedimentary events has been documented.
We hope that Jurassica XIII will spread beyond Poland and Slovakia, hosting geologists from numerous countries, like the previous year successful JURASSICA XII Meeting in the Malé Karpaty (Slovakia)
The Organizing Committe of the Jurassica XIII Conference
CONFERENCE AND ACCOMMODATION PLACE
ul. St. Nędzy Kubińca 101
Phone +48 18 207 93 00
fax +48 18 207 93 00
PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
- June, 18th | (afternoon - evening) – arrival of participants
- June, 19th | oral and poster sessions, Jurassic topics, part I
- June, 20th | oral and poster sessions, Jurassic topics, part II
- June, 21st-22nd | field trips in the Tatra Mts
- June, 23rd | oral and poster sessions, concerning uppermost Jurassic and Jurassic/Cretaceous boundary
- June, 23rd (afternoon - evening) or 24th (morning) | departure of participants
Conference language: English
Number of participants: minimum 5, maximum 20.
- Jurassic of the Choč (upper Sub-Tatric, Hronic) succession, Western Tatra Mts – leader: Alfred Uchman (Jagiellonian University)
- Jurassic and lowermost Cretaceous of the Krížna (lower Sub-Tatric, Fatric) succession, Western Tatra Mts - Dolina Długa Valley and Kliny Hill – leaders: Renata Jach (Jagiellonian University), Jacek Grabowski (PGI-NRI)
- Jurassic of the Krížna (lower Sub-Tatric, Fatric) succession, High Tatra Mts: Dolina Suchej Wody and Dolina Filipka Valleys – leader: Jolanta Iwańczuk (PGI-NRI)
- Jurassic of the Belanske Tatry (Slovakia, Krížna succession): Triassic/Jurassic boundary in the Kardolina section and Jurassic of the Ždiarska Vidla (Płaczliwa Skała) section – leaders: Jozef Michalík (Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava), Jolanta Iwańczuk (PGI-NRI)
- Jurassic of the High-Tatric succession, Western Tatra Mts: Dolina Kościeliska and Dolina Miętusia Valleys, Wielka Świstówka – leaders: Piotr Łuczyński, Anna Jezierska (Warsaw University)
All information can be found at: www.jurassica.pl
We accept contributions either in the form of abstracts or short papers (in English) which will be peer reviewed. Instructions for Authors are given in separate file. We are planning to launch a call for the submission of papers presented at the meeting to a thematic set of Volumina Jurassica (www.voluminajurassica.org)